The benefit of setting up your BSD Google account on an iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch in this specific fashion is that you will not only be able to access your email, but you will also be able to access all your BSD Contacts and Calendars. It's worth the extra steps to have access to all that information from your BSD Google account.
1. Open the "Settings" app
2. Select "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" on the left and then tap "Add Account"
3. Although this may seem strange, tap the "Microsoft Exchange" icon. Do NOT tap the "Gmail" icon
4. Enter your BSD Google email address in the "Email" field AND the "Username" field. Enter your BSD Google password in the "Password" field. Enter a description for the account in the "Description" field and tap "Next"
5. An error message will appear. Tap "OK"
6. In the "Server" field, enter m.google.com. Tap "Next"
7. Leave all the services turned on and tap "Save"
Now, move on to Step 2, Setup the Gmail app